The overall objective of the National Tempus Office (NTO) Georgia is to improve the relevance, effectiveness and impact of the Tempus programme in the country through assistance to the European Commission's services and national authorities in the Tempus programme implementation.
NTO coordinator Lika Glonti (
NTO assistant Nino Urushadze (
Specific objectives of NTO are:
- Promotion of the programme and assistance to potential applicants;
- Monitoring of Tempus projects;
- National Tempus Office will also act as Bologna promoter within Georgia and provide information on the implementation of reforms;
- Engagement in more structured dialogue with the educational authorities, involving higher education stakeholders.
Results to be achieved by the NTO:
- Regular reports on the developments in Georgia
- Regular reports on the implementation of the higher education reform
- High awareness and visibility in Georgia of the EU and its education programmes
- Assistance provided to Tempus local applicants/actors
- Feedback on project applications circulated by the Commission during selection processes
- Field monitoring plans implemented
Tempus in Georgia (1995 - 2010)